"If writing is a gift, then Connie May Fowler must have been bestowed with the gifts of ten muses."~Amy Tan
Connie May Fowler is the author of eight highly acclaimed books. A novelist, memoirist, essayist, poet, and screenwriter, she directs the Yucatan Writing Conference and the VCFA Novel Retreat. She teaches creative writing in the MFA writing program at Vermont College of Fine Arts. A sought-after teacher, Connie accepts private clients on a case-by-case basis. She is a dedicated social justice advocate, focusing primarily on the environment, family violence, and gender equality. She and her husband divide their time between Mexico, Florida, and Vermont.
5 Things . . . an ever changing list of things that fascinate me.
- One: Since moving to the Yucatan, Bill and I began sleeping in Mayan hammocks. This has been the best sleep of our lives and here is why. PS: Invest in a REAL hammock, not the ones at your local homewares store.
- Two: Dr. King's I have a Dream speech is famous and rightly so. But his letter from a Birmingham jail offers at least as many insights and inspirations. And in today's world, they are ever more relevant.
- Three: We know we are, at our essence, made of stardust, but look at where you reside amid all that starlight.
- Four: Ever wonder about the Ps and Qs of a great book cover?
- Five: Some practical basics courtesy Margaret Atwood.